Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Another one

Its been some time since I actually have written a post on this blog and figured it was time to update all my readers on the past year and a bit. I am presently having a great meal as I write this blog. I am having ham and roast potatoes with broccoli. It is really good. Back when I last posted, I was running a new business I created called Timmys Only. I am currently not doing this but should be again by mid to end of July. I actually had myself a big slip and started using crack for the umpteenth time. I can tell you that I have currently been clean from crack since Christmas past. I am actually doing very well and I even got back into an addiction program about 2 months ago, and things are going very well for me. I am now again currently considered homeless once again, even though I do reside in a room that is paid for by the government. However, I feel very good about the way my life is progressing and I am with a woman I knew from about 17 years ago. Her name is Leesa and we get along very well.Oh by the way, we may actually have a child together and he is now 15 years old and we are looking into getting a paternity test done just to see if he is my boy or not. I truly believe that God has given me a second chance in life at being a father. Its not to say that I have forgotten about my 2 other children Hell, no! I actually think about them more then ever now that my life is turning around. Its just that I still have many hurdles to overcome in my life. A life that will involve being with Leesa and my possible son. I will not share his name at this time as I have not asked for his consent and I think it best to wait until after I actually know the truth of the matter. I can tell you that I plan on doing things a lot different this time around. For starts, I now think a lot about my day that lies ahead and whenever I am bothered by an event of that day, I deal with it in a safe and comfortable manner. Does this make sense to you? I would love to tell you how me and Leesa found each other but I am going to leave that for another blog. Oh, I do plan on writing much more about my life in the coming months and do hope you continue to follow. For those of you that are reading this on facebook, I invite you to read other blogs I have written and see for yourself the life I live. I am Tim Barber and I hope to entice you all with a piece of my life. I will actually be posting more about the book I am writing on my life, so please feel free to go to my blo now www.livinghomelessourwritetospeak.blogspot.com Until next time, Thanks for reading and have a great summer, Your writer Tim Barber AKA- Timbits

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Just read your Blog - I really enjoyed it! You should keep up the writing - you are very good at it!
    Listen - I live in Fredericton. I recently started making bags to hand out to the Homeless. I usually don't go "looking" for people - but have them on hand in case I come accross someone that might like a bag of snacks, etc. Perhaps you could help me and let me know good locations and times that I may be able to hand these bags out..... I would appreciate your helo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, read your story and am very moved by it,
    My name is Joshua Manstein, I am a senior at the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya, Israel. I am involved in part of an on-going year workshop involved in helping to spread and raise awareness for global empathy and fair ethical treatment of all mankind.
    If you could just take some time out of your busy schedule to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube. It would be greatly appreciated if you could like and support what you see to help share and hopefully contribute to our on-going campaign.

    Thank you for you time, and have a wonderful day,
    Sincerely,
    Joshua Manstein

    https://www.facebook.com/GlobalEmpathyExperiment
    https://twitter.com/GlobalEmpathyEx
    http://instagram.com/globalempathyexperiment
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GlobalEmpathyExp?feature=watch

    ReplyDelete
  3. A professional interventionist,who has performed many interventions will be able to anticipate escalating emotions and call out excuses and manipulation from the addict in a calm, effective way.
    Family Intervention

    ReplyDelete