Thursday, March 18, 2010

Delivering the Message!

In the course of any given year, there are almost 2 million homeless within Canada and the United States. The basic necessities of a roof over your head and food to eat are not luxuries, these are necessities! And just the idea that almost 1 in 5 are children just breaks my heart. We dont have to wait for a cure or take hope that a scientist will some day find a cure. This is happening right now in our countries and we could easily end this with a snap of the finger! I am sure there are a lot of good people out there who would like to make a difference and sometimes we all need to deliver the message. Its about time that we set an example for the world to follow. C'mon Calgary, lets show them that we can end this homeless problem and the whole world will follow in our footsteps.

Lend a hand(this message is to those who care- and I know your out there.)
Tim Barber,
Homeless but not without HOPE

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Tim. There should not be homelessness- there should be a home for everyone.
    I am increasingly upset with the growing disparity between the "haves" and the "havenots" in Alberta especially Calgary.
    I am an older citizen who has lived in Calgary most of my life, and worked in health care where the environment was one of equal caring and respect for all. I don't always see this same caring in the community at large.
    What can be done to change this at the grass roots level?
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete