Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Garden Project

Since my last blog I have been able to move into my own apartment in a seniors complex. Now, looking at things with a fresh perspective, I am finding that it is easier to look beyond homelessness and toward building a more satisfying life in a community where I feel accepted.

The ingredients for my ideal community already exist within a very short distance from where I am living in Calgary’s East village. The amenities that are most important to me would include access to a community garden, including greenhouse space and the ability to preserve, can and freeze our own produce. The end result, I hope, would also include regular access to a community kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. A question to the writer AlexS,
    How did you manage to get out of your homeless situation and do you find it easy to access services to remain housed?

    ReplyDelete