Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Prayer Please

I"m having some rough times these days. I am constantly thinking of my children and of finally being in a place of my own. It feels like I will never accomplish these things. I have been homeless now for 4 years and it seems as though I will be homeless forever and without my children for eternity. I am now trying to deal with another issue in my life that has been haunting me for over 14 years. My doctor has even put me on an anti-depressant. I hope that will help but I have my doubts. I have even tried praying to God to ask for guidance and find even this simple task to difficult. All I really ask is to be free of this homeless situation and to be able to talk to my children once again. Oh, how I miss them so! Are these impossible requests? You would think not! However, I still seem to be struggling in my life at the present time.
Today, I ask for my readers to help me with a simple request, PRAYER. If you could see it in your heart to say a little prayer for me the next time you are talking to God, it would be greatly appreciated. Just a simple prayer to help me through a trying time. I just feel so all alone and am struggling to find the courage to continue in my recovery. I thank you all for reading my blogs and hope that they will get better with time.
Thanks,
Tim Barber
Homeless but not without some HOPE

3 comments:

  1. I hear you, and I will put one aside for you Tim. I can only say in the words of Winston Churchill; "Never Give Up"
    Peace
    Gil

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days are very trying as is, adding homelessness and addiction are certainly tough and sometimes seems impossible to conquer. But have faith and never stop trying, as faith and hope has carried me through.I think its important to have some supports in place and a sponsor could prove to be helpful. Never stay quiet and alone, surround yourself with people who care , set some attainable goals. Then take it one day at a time, as it is possible to overcome it, I have. I will keep you in my prayers, GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tim,

    I randomly came across this blog from a Facebook link and was struck by the authenticity and poignancy of your writing. In a world where everybody tries to put a good face on bad situations, your honesty is refreshing, to say the least.

    Your reflections on longing for your children brought tears to my eyes. I don't know the details of your situation but I wish the very best for you and your kids — and, as you ask, I will keep you in my prayers.

    I hope you will keep writing and sharing your story in the days ahead...

    ReplyDelete