Monday, June 7, 2010

UPDATE

I figured it was about time to write a new blog and fill all you readers in on what is currently happening in my life. I would first like to thank all those who have commented on some of my posts and encourage you to continue leaving comments. It is actually helping me very much with my recovery. My last post was asking for prayer, and I thank each and every one of you who have been praying for me to continue as I continue on my recovery journey. I actually have been staying clean every day I see a new comment on my blogs. I find it to be a big motivator for me to continue to stay clean and sober in hopes of a brighter future.

Even though I am still currently considered to be homeless, I am actually paying rent. I am currently in a paid room at the Center Of Hope at the Salvation Army. However, in my opinion I feel more independent and at least it is a step up. My next step is to take part in some counselling that I have lined up starting tomorrow. The second step is to try and get into my own place out of the downtown area.

I can tell you this though, it ain't easy being homeless. Some of you may think that its easy because we get a roof over our heads and three meals a day. However, in my position I now have to pay for all of my own meals. There is no more handouts, I have to go to some of the free food places to get a good meal. Of course, being a smoker doesn't help my matters much. Anyway, I don't mean to vent but I tend to get frustrated and bitter, I am just so sick and tired of being homeless and really do want to be in a place I can call my own.

I hope that all my readers can continue to read my blogs and I would like to encourage each and every one of you to find a friend or family member and invite them to become a follower, my goal is to try and have 50 followers by the end of June. I know that with your help I can achieve this simple goal. I will make a commitment to you to continue to write a blog, and the more followers I get the more blogs I will write.

Again, I want to thank each and every one of you and please continue to pray for me, I really appreciate what this forum has done for me.

Tim Barber
Homeless Still; Gaining HOPE With Every Day.

2 comments:

  1. Tim! Keep going dont give up, its a gift to be able to read about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get a break! I hope things go your way for a little while while you get back on your feet. I really appreciate your blog. It's good to see the real person behind the homeless person and see what it is really like to be in that situation.

    ReplyDelete