Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Passion And Purpose

Being an addict, I always have to be careful of my thoughts and feelings. every day can bring new obstacles and sometimes even something pleasant.

I'd like to share some of those thoughts and feelings with you, my reader.

I'd like to start with my feelings. Lately, actually for the past couple of weeks I've actually started to relax and enjoy every day life. My feelings have been, well, let's just say that I haven't been feeling angry, sad, frustrated or any kind of negative feelings for the better part of the previous two weeks. Ive been kind, caring compassionate and down right happy.I believe there is a good explanation for this.

First, I think the medication I'm taking is actually taking effect. The medication I am taking by the way is Celexa an anti-depressant.

The second reason for my change I would have to say is due to you, my reader. It seems as though I have actually gained some followers in the last couple of weeks and actually connected with some. I also think that you, my reader are praying for me and for my good health. So, for you who have been praying for me a big thank you goes out to you and I hope you will continue to keep me in your prayers.

One of the other reasons for my happiness is due to a reader of mine that I actually had the opportunity of meeting for coffee last week. This reader knows who they are, and I want to say thank you and your beautiful daughter for making not only my day but my weekend. I hope that you had a wonderful Fathers Day. By the way, that goes for all my fellow Daddy's out there.

Now, as for my thoughts. Up until a couple of weeks ago my thoughts were divided between many things and to give you an idea of some of these thoughts, I figured I would list them to give you a general idea.

Thoughts of using, of seeing my children, whether I will ever see them again, whether i will ever have my own place, where will I get my next meal from, where is my life going, will I die at an early age like my Mother and Sister, will I ever work again, will I ever be in another relationship, will I ever be married, etc... etc... etc...I think you get the point. However, lately my thoughts are more geared towards looking forward in life and trying to be the best version of me I possibly can. I am not worried about what direction my life is taking me and I just go with the flow. All this and still I am not using.

As a final thought i would like to mention that I am now volunteering at the Salvation Army in the kitchen. I am also continuing with my counselling and life is good.

I do hope you liked this newest blog and I look forward to all of your comments whether they are good or bad. Please feel free to comment as often as you like. Also, I would recommend that you go further back to the beginning of all these blogs and comment on some of the other authors. By the way, keep up with the prayers and God Bless!

Tim Barber
You, My Reader give me HOPE
I think we all need a little HOPE
KEEP ON READING!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tim
    I am also happy in that you have responded to your followers responses! I would like to share that I too find healing when I connect with others through volunteering...especially in the kitchen! - the hearth or "heart" of any home. Congratulations.
    Pat B

    ReplyDelete
  2. And keep on writing! Glad to hear things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - love to hear your good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tim,
    I volunteered along with at the kitchen, on Sunday night and just wanted to encourage you in your goals of keeping clean, and seeing your kids again. Keep making steps towards your goals and they will become reality one day. Keep praying and seeking and you will find.
    God Bless,
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tim - I'm really enjoying your posts. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Keep your chin up! Let me know if there's anything the CHF can do to help.

    Tim R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great meeting you today while volunteering. Remember, one day at a time. Keep up the great work.
    Take care, Derek

    ReplyDelete