Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Amazing! God is Good!

Hello to all of you! It is a glorious day in my silly silly life. That's just a line from Pink! I feel so alive and so full of energy. I am so proud of myself for continuing with my clean and sober ways. Every day that goes by, I feel so much more confident in myself that I can remain clean and sober.

I would like to welcome my newest follower, Surina, welcome to my blog. I call it my blog, because I am now the administrator and have the power to invite other authors. I am going to ask all of my followers, if you know any one that is homeless or has experienced homelessness, to please email me and get involved. I am also starting a project that will get others heard in the near future. It involves talking to the homeless and getting their story. I am actually still working on some questions I think would be beneficial for you, my reader , to know about homelessness.

In other news, which there has been some drastic developments in my upcoming future and i think i will share them with you now. I know! Quit mumbling and get on with it, but first I just want to tell you once again what a wonderful world it is that we live in. I am just so happy to be a Calgarian, with all the wonderful people that i have in my life.

For one, Kim has been such an inspiration for me as each and every one of you has as well been instrumental in my recovery. Really, I don't know how to say thank you enough. How about I just let you know the news. No crying allowed.

First of all, I was accepted into the Keys to Recovery program. I will be looking at a few one bedroom places next week and i get to pick the one I like. Then i get to move into this place by myself within 2 days following my very own choice. Wow. I'm so excited as i tell you this i have a great big grin on my face. Oh boy! Oh boy! Sorry, I'm just so darn happy. Doping my happy dance every day. I also have to say thank you "God". This is the best thing that has happened in years.

But that's not all folks, no, not at all. It just so happens that I was talking to my lawyer on the same day I was accepted to Keys to Recovery and .....The court date is set for April 27th to get access to seeing my kids. Oh Boy! oh Boy!. Did I mention that I am so hyper, elated, excited, joyous, grateful,. Yes, I think I did. Can you tell?

Anyway, over the next month I will be filling you in on all the details of my move in, and letting you know more about every day activities that I plan on getting involved in. I have to remember with all this excitement, that I still need to take it day by day.

One last thing before I go, I want to say thank you again to all my followers for posting comments on my blogs and as well as on facebook. I really do appreciate all your comments and encourage you to continue posting them.

Also, thank you Kim, for getting things from The Mustard Seed for my new place, you really are an Angel, you know that, don't you?

A special thank you goes out as well to Trudy who works at the Mustard Seed and let me pick out lots of things for my place including a really fantastic TV. God bless you and the Mustard Seed for all your work with the homeless.

Last but not least. I sure am going to miss all the staff at the Alpha House. They were a very big part in the changes in my life and I really wouldn't have been able to do this without them. I am forever grateful for your compassion and kindness. I know you will all miss me there, and if you want I will come back and visit everyday..lol..I can see the look on a few staff members faces thinking, no, stay away.. just kidding.. I know how much you people will miss my good nature..admit it..I love you all. Thank You

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You know outreach can visit you at home right!?

    ReplyDelete