Friday, March 18, 2011

Joyous Times

Happy Birthday to me.

Its such a good day to be clean and sober. I feel so young and alive. I feel like I am 20 all over again. In fact I am only 23 today! NOT! Actually 44, ouch!

I am so happy today because I got my affidavit signed by a commissioner of oath, which is to go to my family lawyer to possibly see my kids by as early s the end of April. It has taken many years to accomplish this and I am so looking forward to the day I once again reunite with my children.

I have also graduated from the AADAC program and even have a certificate.. I think I am cured! NOT!! I still have the rest of my life being an addict and I now need to make the right choices in order to maintain my recovery. I have the choice whether or not I want to be in active addiction or a recovering addict. I choose recovery.

I realize that this affidavit I signed means a big turning point in my life and I will likely have a lot of emotions coming into my life over the next few months and I have to handle them without the use of drugs and alcohol.

My biggest plus is that I have a great support network in this blog and on facebook. I need you, my reader more then ever to start leaving encouraging words and comments more then ever. Also, over the next few months as I go forward, I may have some very emotional days and I will need people to talk to. I surely will look to you all for support. I will also pray to God that he helps with my little problems, I now know that can do this and I will not give up. The only thing I will give up, is drugs and alcohol. Simple!

I would love to say that it is simple, however, I have been using for a good two thirds of my life and I have to continue doing all the little things that help me in my recovery.

Some of these things I will list now and if you can think of anything else that may help me in my recovery, please do not hesitate to leave remarks of your suggestions. I am willing to try anything if it helps my recovery...Here we go;

Facebook Friends
Journaling
Writing my book
12 Step meetings
Looking for a sponsor
Counseling
Reading recovery books
I could probably think of more, I want your ideas now.

Thanks for listening.
I look forward to all your comments.

Tim Barber

4 comments:

  1. That's a great list! Don't forget to surround yourself with positive people that care about your recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tim! We're happy to hear you're on track! All the best and we look forward to reading more from you. (Kayleigh, Calgary Homeless Foundation)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great Timbits, keep it up babe. see you on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We Believe in you Tim! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete