Monday, March 14, 2011

The Happy Dance!! lol

Everything I do these days seems to be addiction related. This is not such a bad thing considering how early it is in my recovery this time around. I am almost finished with my AADAC program and finding myself wondering what I can do next to keep myself busy during the day.

I think I will try and find somewhere that I can volunteer my services to keep me from getting bored. There is another slogan which I find effective in preventing a relapse, its called HALT
Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired

If I find myself getting into one of these areas it is not a good thing.

Right at the present time I am being fed very well by the Alpha House Society, so I don’t need to worry about that until I actually leave Alpha House. Then it is very important that I continue to feed myself and keep my weight up to what it is at the present time.

As for being angry, well I am not one that actually gets angry all that often and I do know that it is a normal emotion so long as I deal with anger when it presents itself and don’t let it build up. Its funny, how can I be angry when every morning I wake up and do my Happy Dance...lol...

As for being lonely, well this one seems pretty basic to me... Go to meetings every night and I should be OK... However that being said, I need to also get out and meet new people who are not using and are willing to help me in my recovery. I need people who like to go for walks, have coffee, play cards, etc...etc...I need people just like you reading this blog.

Tired , so tired, well my medication seems to be giving me more energy to be able to have a fulfilling day and I am getting my 8 hours of sleep every night, so I am good.....

I cant believe I actually have 32 days in clean and sober, where has the time gone? I even still have some money in the bank, can you believe it? Wow!!! Let me say that just one more time, Wow!! I feel really proud of myself the way I have changed the way of thinking, I am able to cope with my emotions without the use of drugs or alcohol... I really have found a new way of life, my life... I need not worry about what will happen the rest of the day, I need worry only worry about the here and now. Even then, why worry?

I really don’t no what else to say at this time , except to thank you all for your support, couldn’t do it without you.

All the best,

Tim Barber

Have you stopped to take time for a talk with a homeless person. It only takes 15 minutes of your time and it is well worth it. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by, it could literally make the difference in a persons life. I encourage you, go now, talk with a homeless person, stop reading my blog and go, I MEAN NOW!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment